Technical work is underway, we will be back soon!😇
If you need to contact us, you can do this via chat.
Exchange Ethereum Classic to Bitcoin Lightning Network
Exchange in 3 steps
- Enter the desired amount of Ethereum Classic and write your wallet address to receive currency.
- Click the "Exchange now" button and you will be taken inside your order.
- Send Ethereum Classic to the address from your order, after the required network confirmation, Bitcoin (Lightning) will be sent instantly.
What do you need to know?
A brief history of Ethereum Classic
In 2015, the Ethereum platform was launched, which quickly gathered like-minded people interested in smart contract technology. In 2016, an attacker discovered a vulnerability with which he stole $50 million. After this event, a hard fork occurred, as a result of which two coins appeared — Ethereum with an updated protocol and Ethereum Classic as the initial version of Ethereum.
Ethereum Classic blockchain speed and fees
The exchange requires 30 confirmations. Blocks on the ETC blockchain appear approximately every 13 seconds. Average exchange confirmation time is 6.5 minutes.
Today, the average Ethereum Classic transaction fee is 0.000072 ETC.
A brief history of the Lightning Network
The Bitcoin community has long been baffled by the scalability issue. The speed of transactions fell, and the network fees grew. In 2015 Thaddeus Dria and Joseph Poon proposed a solution called the Lightning Network. The idea was to carry out some of the transactions outside the network, thereby reducing the load on the BTC blockchain. In 2018, the Lightning Network was launched in Bitcoin.
The Lightning Network is a system that helps users move funds among themselves without having to use a blockchain to verify a transaction. Instead, there is a quick check of funds from the sender and a request from the recipient who agrees to the transaction.
Problems you may encounter while getting the Lightning Network
- If during the creation of an order when inserting an invoice, an error occurs about the absence of a path, this means that there is no created channel between our node and your wallet node. A channel is required to send and receive payments on the Lightning Network. If there is no open channel between our node and your wallet node, the payment will not be executed. It is recommended to try using a different wallet.
- If the order page indicates that the order was completed, but you did not receive the funds, then the reason for this may be:
- Disconnected intermediate node. If one of the intermediate nodes is offline, the transaction may be delayed.
- Insufficient amount of deposits on intermediate channels. Intermediate nodes cannot forward the payment due to lack of coins.
- The invoice is out of date. Each invoice has a validity period. Of this term has expired, the payment will not work.
If your order is completed, but you have not received the funds, please contact technical support. We can help you quickly.
Lightning Network Speed
Since transactions on the Lightning Network do not end up on the blockchain, they are almost instantaneous. But if one of the intermediate nodes is off the network, the transaction may be delayed.